Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Will banks charge any money to a savings account for using it without funds?

I accidentally (lol) used my new debit card to pay to upgrade a website membership. I wasn't supposed to use the card until it was activated - 24 hours.





Will the bank charge the membership fee to my account for having used the debit card before it was activated?





Or will the website not authorize the account?
Will banks charge any money to a savings account for using it without funds?
I think your real answer is that the merchant will not be able to process the charge because you never activated the card.





Your last question suggests the answer: No, the website will not authorize the trnsaction.





I'd call the 800 number on the back of your debit card and speak to someone in customer service and explain what you've done. They tend to be reasonable people if somehow the transaction did get through.





Good luck.
scientific name

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Accounts problem © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting