Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How to find the password of an admin account on a mac?

I have a mac at home and i forgot my password, but i dont want to change my password using the install disk because i use this password for many other things and i would like to find it out.
How to find the password of an admin account on a mac?
Did I miss something here? If you forgot the password, how can you know what it is in order to use it for many other things? Just boot to the install DVD and change it to exactly what you want it to be. I'm not saying you need to choose a password you don't like. Choose the one you really want.





As the other answerer says, you can't just find user passwords on a Mac. It is secure-- at least until you boot to an install disk : ) . I'm sure you want it that way because, well, if it weren't secure, there would be no point in having a password.
Reply:I know it's not the answer you want, but there is no way to do it. I was recently in the same boat, and after extensive research I found I had no choice but to reset it with the disk. I also used my password for other things and had to either reset them all or just accept that I could no longer access those items. I now keep a copy of my passwords in a lock box (hidden elsewhere in the house) which is a recommended technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Accounts problem © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting