Sunday, May 23, 2010

How do I send mail outside of my Yahoo account?

I have satalite internet. I just established a yahoo account. I can send email thru my account however when I go for example Craigs Lists and try to answer and add. The mail will not go thru and it asks for my apple password for Mac Mail. Hi do I get my mail to go thru my Yahoo account?





Thanks
How do I send mail outside of my Yahoo account?
Many sites use the MAILTO: command to send email. That causes the system to go to the default email program which is probably Outlook Express. Since Yahoo mail can't be accessed there unless you have a plus account you get the error.





There are 2 alternatives. The easiest is just to look at the bottom of the screen when you hover over the mail link and you will see the address. Ignore the "MAILTO:" part. Just go to Yahoo mail and use that address.





The harder way is to make the system use Yahoo mail as the default.





For Firefox 3... (no option for FF 2)





Go to tools %26gt; options %26gt; applications


Go down to mailto.


Set Yahoo as the default.


This will only work for mailto links within Firefox. I know of no way to access it from outside of Firefox.





If you use Internet Explorer...





The tiny program that allows you to select Yahoo! Mail as the default email application for your PC is included as part of Yahoo! Toolbar version 7.2 and up for Internet Explorer (not Firefox).





If you don't have Yahoo! Toolbar v.7.2 or later for Internet Explorer installed, you’ll need to download it before proceeding with these instructions.





[Note: According to Yahoo customer service doing the typical install of Yahoo Messenger will also install the needed program. I have not tried either.]





Here’s how to set your PC to open Yahoo! Mail when you click an email link on a web page.





1. From the “Start” pop-up menu in the lower left corner of your desktop, select “Settings” %26gt; “Control Panel”.


2. In the Control Panel, select “Internet Options”. This opens the “Internet Properties” window.


3. Click the “Programs” tab along the top.


4. Click the “E-mail” pull-down menu, and select Yahoo! Mail.


5. Click OK. Done!





I do not believe that Yahoo Mail can be set as a default using IE and Vista. If anyone knows how I would appreciate you telling me how.





₪ ɦəlʞɹɐq ₪
girl name

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Accounts problem © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting