Saturday, November 7, 2009

Is the account number supposed to be 6 digits?

I'm on my bank account site and it says


Checking/4*0*23-Ck1


Would those 6 digits happen to be my account number? Lol. I don't have any checks :S.
Is the account number supposed to be 6 digits?
Every bank has a different number of digits that make up an account number. At my bank, it is 10 - but some are more, some are less. Generally speaking, the smaller the bank, the less numbers required. I would say that the number you gave is probably your account number.
Reply:On American checks the numbers at the bottom from left to right will be the Routing Number, Check Number and your Bank Account Number. That said, I have seen checks that display, in the same order, the Routing Number, your Bank Account Number and Check Number.





You say you don't have any checks. If you have a canceled check or a deposit slip it will contain the same information except the deposit slip will be minus the check number. If not, call your bank and ask them.
name common

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Accounts problem © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting